The foremost bourne of the English Literary Society (ELS) is to promote an in-depth understanding of language and literature that lies beyond the ken of the syllabus.
- To encourage the students to display their extra-curricular skills that would promote healthy holistic development of the students.
- To generate reading culture as well as story-telling skills of the students.
- To arrange competitions like poster-making, essay-writing, book-reviews giving them an opportunity for self-expression.
- To incorporate speech delivery enhancement through oratory activities viz. elocution, debates, seminars, book-reading and poetry recitation sessions.
- To collaborate with other departments for extra and co-curricular activities related to language, literature and culture.